Monday, May 3, 2010

A Wedding Weekend

Hey Friends and Family,

Happy May to you all! I seriously cannot believe that summer is almost here. This year has literally flown by, and looking at our upcoming calendar for May, I think we’re going to be in June before I can blink.

This weekend was an absolute blast, starting on Friday when I got to take the day off to play golf with my stepdad Dennis and stepbrother Brian. Brian and his fiancĂ© Jenn were tying the knot on Saturday so we got the opportunity to play a round of golf at the Peachtree Country Club in Marysville, which was where the wedding was held. It is a completely private club, so this was literally a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to play, as it’s highly unlikely that we’ll ever join or know someone that’s a member. The course was very nice and extremely difficult. Factor that along with a few beers and an insanely strong wind, and you can imagine how high our scores were.

But we had a great time and it was nice to spend some time with Brian before his big day.

Saturday started off with a long run (Michaela and I got in 7 miles while my cousin Ashley hung out with Landon at our house), then we ran a few errands before getting ready for the wedding.

Let me just tell you right now….wedding and 2 year olds DO NOT mix! As all of the festivities were on a golf course, all Landon wanted to do was to run around outside on the putting green. He took the flags out of the holes and proceeded to try and beat people with them, he confused the golfers by moving around the tee markers on the 10th tee, and he basically just ran around like a chicken with its head cut off for 4 hours. It didn’t help that he kept snagging hershey’s kisses from random tables and cramming them in his mouth (without removing the foil wrappers!).

The picture to the right shows him at the end of the night when we were driving home. He was having a grand old time laughing, singing, and chowing down on some graham crackers.

The ceremony itself was beautiful and (even better in my opinion) super short! We’re talking less than 10 minutes, which was totally awesome. Landon didn’t want to have anything to do with actually sitting still, so he and Michaela walked around the course a bit while I watched the ceremony. After that it was sort of a “tag you’re it!” scenario for Michaela and I. One of us was constantly running around after Landon, and we really didn’t have any opportunity to enjoy each other or visit with people as a couple. And we also didn’t get to stay for the dancing (which is always my favorite part as I’m sort of a dancing fool!)….

Anyhow….we aren’t upset with Landon as he’s only two and he wasn’t badly-behaved…he was just being a two year old boy on a sugar high…and we can’t really blame him for that one. This is one of those “you live and you learn” things, where we’ll know better next time.

This will also serve as fair warning to all of our Yuma family who will be in attendance for Landon’s next wedding at the end of May. As we will be out of town and all of our sitters will be there, we’ll be bringing him to Michaela’s cousin Sharon’s wedding. Hopefully with all of the family there we’ll be able to keep him under control. If not, I’m sure we can track down some bungee chords or duct tape!

The real bright spot of all his craziness came as a pleasant surprise on Sunday morning. I woke up at 6am to feed the dogs, then figured I’d catch a few more minutes of sleep before Landon woke up (he’s always up around 7am on the weekends). The next time I opened my eyes I checked the alarm clock and thought I was hallucinating….it was 9:15am!!! I had to do a double-take, then go and check a few more clocks in the house to make sure we didn’t have some faulty equipment. We haven’t slept in that late since Landon was born, so it was a little weird to us. We actually felt like our day was half over by the time we got out of bed!

We had a very nice Sunday that was capped with Uncle Adam and his new girlfriend Jessica coming over for drinks and dinner. Landon made the most of the nice weather and shed his clothes for a little afternoon swimming.

All things considered, it was a totally exhausting, but really enjoyable weekend.

Can’t wait to see what this week brings…

No comments:

Post a Comment