"Yo
u little bastard!"...ok, well I didn't actually say that...I was just kind of thinking it. I mean come on, Landon and I are in Lowe's and there are about a million people wandering the aisles...he's not cooperating so I decided it was time to invoke my paternal right to pick up the kid and get him moving. Apparently he wasn't really in the mood to start moving, so he wheeled back with his arm, and put all 37 lbs of force behind his open-handed slap across my face...it was such a hard slap that not only did I have a hand print on my cheek, but I also felt like one of those women in the old-school movies where the guy hits her and she actually holds her face off to one side...that was me after my son hit me...holding my face off to one side.
u little bastard!"...ok, well I didn't actually say that...I was just kind of thinking it. I mean come on, Landon and I are in Lowe's and there are about a million people wandering the aisles...he's not cooperating so I decided it was time to invoke my paternal right to pick up the kid and get him moving. Apparently he wasn't really in the mood to start moving, so he wheeled back with his arm, and put all 37 lbs of force behind his open-handed slap across my face...it was such a hard slap that not only did I have a hand print on my cheek, but I also felt like one of those women in the old-school movies where the guy hits her and she actually holds her face off to one side...that was me after my son hit me...holding my face off to one side.So yeah, can you guess what our biggest obstacle has been lately? Landon is really into hitting when he doesn't get his way. I'm not sure where he gets it, as we don't hit him (don't think we haven't thought about it!), but it's been his M.O. lately. We even got notified from his teachers at school that he's been having some "hitting issues"...but I'm not going to take that warning too much to heart considering we picked him up from school on Friday and one of those little sh*ts had left a bite mark on his cheek. While we are adamently against him hitting anyone, I'm all for him wheeling off and decking the next kid that decides to take a bite out of his face...I mean, there ARE boundaries, and I'm goi
ng to cheer my kid on if he feels that he has to protect himself from Hannibal Lecter's pscyhotic offspring!But we have been working on it...every time he hits (including that incident at Lowe's this morning) we plop him down immediately into time out where he remains until he says that he's sorry and gives a hug to whomever he clocked....we haven't seen quite as many attacks lately, so we do think that it's starting to sink in.
Other than that, Landon has been a pretty impressive little kid lately. He's just a smart dude....constantly surprising us with new sayings (such as "my goodness!", "I got it!", "how are you, daddy?", etc.) and getting much better at family interactions like taking the dogs for a walk (he can now walk the whole time without being in the stroller), and dinner time (where he'll drink out of normal cups and interacts throughout the meal).

In case you couldn't tell, we recently had pictures at Landon's school, so I've gone ahead and posted a few of them....he's always got a goofy smile or grin, and it really looks like he was cracking up in all these pictures...must have been a fun time!
We're still trying to introduce the potty, but so far he's just not that fussed about it. He seems to know what to do with it, but I guess he'd just rather go in his diaper. We're going to continue to play it up, but we're not going to force it on him so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
As for this weekend, we've been doing some painting in our room, I squeezed in a quick 18 holes today, and tomorrow is hopefully going to be a really fun Mother's Day!
To all you Mother's out there, we wish you the best Mother's Day ever!
Take care and have a great weekend!
Love Landon's school pics! I was showing Blaine his pictures last night and he said, "how old is he, 3, 4?" He looks so grown up! I had to remind him once again, he's only 6 months older than Grayson!
ReplyDelete