Monday, May 16, 2011

School Pictures

We got Landon's school pictures back last week. I was excited to see how they turned out because Landon is slowly mastering the art of smiling for the camera. And not just smiling, but making the smile look geniune and oh-so-perfect. I call it my "cheerleader" smile. I can't help it. If there is a camera in proximity, I smile. I don't do candids.




I say Landon is "working" on perfecting this, because sometimes, he has this goofy looking smile when he's trying to smile. I don't even know how to describe it, but it's obvious he's saying "cheese." I need to come up with another word for him to say. Something that makes it more natural. We're having family portraits taken on Thursday and I really want them to turn out nicely. We're due for some good family photos.



So back to the school pictures. I couldn't wait to get home and rip them open to see what we had to work with. The first didn't turn out so well. He had that goofy grin goin'. See, this is what I'm taking about.



Okay, not too bad, but certainly not a keeper. Okay, we still have two other poses. The next was another similiar goofy grin. Bummer. oh-for-two. Okay, well we have one more picture. I slowly pulled the last picture out of the envelope with the anticipation of a child opening their Christmas sock. I took a quick glance. YES! We have a winner. He looked adorable. Great smile. Great pose. I love it!



But wait a second. What is that? Did you notice it? Damn it. Not. So. Perfect. Why didn't anyone notice the kid's fly was unbuttoned?
Guess there's always next time...

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Classic! And I love the goofy smile! His pictures are adorable! Can't wait to see you guys soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! Too funny!! I love it and what a great story to tell about the cutest kid on the block :)

    ReplyDelete