? The answer....No Fun.I'm randomly going to be throwing in some pics from our trip to SF since we really haven't felt like taking any new pictures this week...
We started to notice that Landon was a little more irritable than normal last week as we were heading off to San Francisco, but we thought that maybe he was just in one of his "moods"...however, Michaela started to show some symptoms (fever, sore throat, etc.) and it didn't take us long to figure out that he had something going on as well. Normally he tells us if something is bothering him (I'll get back to this later), but he didn't mention anything this time.
As this week has progressed, I got hit with the same ailment and now the whole family is under the weather. While Landon seems to be through the worst of it all and is getting back to his fun-loving ways, Michaela and I both feel like we were hit by Mack Trucks and can barely manage to get around without coughing up a lung or blowing our nose 50 times...needless to say, it's really been a fun week. I do feel guilty when we're both down like this because we end up turning to the TV or some other form of distraction to help us with our parenting duties...but when all you want to do is curl
Sickness aside, Landon has been doing great with his potty training. The accidents are coming few and far between now, and he really seems to be taking to it...he still gets distracted easily so we have to be the alarm clocks for him to check every so often if he needs to go...I'm not sure if one has anything to do with the other, but the past week or so he's also been spending much more of his time in the 3-year old room. Technically he won't be moving up there for another 5 months or so, but one of the
As I mentioned earlier, Landon typically tells us when he's got a problem of some sort. A funny example of this was last night when I was giving him a bath. Apparently a little earlier when he and I were rough-housing he fell off the couch and landed on one of his toys...since he's not in diapers anymore he doesn't have nearly the cushion that he used to...I guess he hurt his butt and told me as much. Then he called for Michaela with the following...."Mommy! Mommy! I hurt my butt...kiss it for me mommy...kiss my butt!"
I about fell on the ground in laughter and Michaela walked in and burst out as well...it was all kinds of funny...Landon wasn't sure what was
so funny, and was clearly bothered that no one had yet kissed his butt...but being the funny kid that he is, he just started laughing right along with the two of us.I think I'll leave today's post as is...My brain is too foggy to spend much time thinking up anything clever...maybe I'll try again this weekend if I can shake this thing.
In the meantime, stay healthy everybody...
Michaela, you're a trooper for running a half marathon with a cold. I suppose if you work that hard to be there you don't just walk away because of the sniffles...well, I might.
ReplyDeleteLandon is so funny! Even if he doesn't know why :-)
Cute story! Probably the only time you'll think it's cute when your son tells you to "Kiss my butt!" Way to go on your run Michaela!
ReplyDeleteOMG that's too funny!! Love the last picture of Michaela and Landon, too cute!
ReplyDelete