Saturday, August 14, 2010

Famer's Market

I must admit, lately I have been finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to write a blog post. Evidenced by the fact that I haven't written one in over 3 weeks...Hmm, so here's my attempt to find some inspiration...

I'll start off with this morning....we have been hearing rave reviews for the local Farmer's Market and Michaela thought it was high time we went and checked it out for ourselves. It ended up being pretty cool, as there was delicious-looking produce, beautiful flowers, marinated meats, and even a guy that did balloon animals...although that was most definitely my least favorite part...the dude was like 6'5" tall, and when Landon asked him to make him a giraffe the guy made him a balloon hat with shitzu on it....well, it was some kind of a small dog and I like saying "shitzu" so I'm going with that one....anyhow...it was a total waste of money in my opinion, especially considering Landon popped the "shitzu" balloon a few minutes later and was just left with a balloon hat that made him look like he had a huge boner coming out of his forehead...sorry for being blunt, but that's what it looked like and I didn't feel like coming up with a "PC" alternative. My only regret was not getting a picture of Landon wearing said hat...but still, it was funny.

The Farmer's Market ended up being pretty cool and we ended up buying squash, plums, peaches, grapes, corn on the cob, and my favorite...brussell sprouts! Speaking of, we're planning on eating them tonight and I'm getting hungry just thinking about them while I type this.

Other than that, we don't have a ton of plans for today. We're most likely going to spend the afternoon figuring out what we're going to sell in our garage sale next weekend. For those of you that don't know, we're in the process of selling our house and we will (hopefully) be moving in the next few months....so we're trying to sell all the random stuff that we'd rather not relocate to the new house. In case you are wondering, we are currently looking for places and for the forseeable future we're planning to stay right here in Northern California....our long-term plans are still to move down to San Diego, but that's most likely another 3 or 4 years down the road...but who knows what the future brings, right?

This upcoming week also brings with it the beginning of our marathon training schedule. As we've mentioned before, Michaela and I are planning to run a marathon (all 26.2 miles) in Las Vegas in December, and both of our goals are to finish under 4 hours...even 3:59:59 would be a great success....so we've got a serious schedule that kicks in this week, involving quite a few miles, some speed sessions, and some hill sessions. Looking over all of this, I seriously think I should be in the best shape of my life come December....here's hoping!

Another thing that's been keeping us busy lately is planning our upcoming trip to Phoenix. We're going to be out there in early September to celebrate the birthday of Michaela's Grandmother June and also be there to party with my good friend Dave when he turns 30....so that's going to be a ton of fun and we are counting down the days to the big event.

As for Landon, he's doing great. We've recently implemented the "no sass" rule...which basically means that he's not allowed to have his pacifier anymore except for when he goes to sleep at night (not during naptime)....he's done very well with the transition and we're planning to move him to the next step soon...he's also taken to sleeping in his bed through the night a little more frequently now which has been nice. Up this this point, he still comes into our room very early in the morning and cuddles up between us (usually without either of us knowing he's there), but I'm not going to complain if he decides to stay in his own bed. Either way, it's not a huge deal to me until he's like 5...at that point the kid can sleep on the floor if he insists on being in our room!

Another recent habit of his has been pulling the old "Al Bundy" move...not sure where he got it from (as I most certainly do not do that....well, at least not in front of anyone)...but he's taken to sticking his hand down his diaper...just for grins....he did it at school the other day and the teacher immediately had him go wash his hands...and since that time he's done it much less frequently...but I recently snapped a picture of him doing it in his sleep...sort of random, but also sort of comical...

With that I think I'll call it a day. Landon is currently napping and I might as well spend some time with my wife, rather than my computer....

I hope you have a great weekend and we'll be back soon!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if you give up on being "PC" the blogs will come easier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the selling of the house and the looking for another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Al Bundy!" He's all boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just noticed that you mis-spelled the title of this post. I didn't even notice the 1st time, but if you guys are still going to print out hard copies you might want to fix it before you do. Sorry to be "THAT" person :-)

    ReplyDelete