Thursday, July 29, 2010

Slacking

I'm not sure how one can be super busy AND slacking at the same time...but apparently I have been so busy with other things that I have totally been slacking on the blog....for that I apologize...but we seem to be abnormally busy in the Burgess household lately, so something's gotta give. That being said, this will mostly just be a picture post, and then I'll do my best to get up a better post after our "Blood, Sweat, and Beers" run in Auburn this weekend.

The main thing that happened last week was I had my 29th birthday which was a total blast. My buddy Adam came into town to play some golf with me, and we all had a nice weekend. It feels weird that I'll be 30 this time next year....oh well...we can't fight time, so we might as well embrace the journey! Here's a pic of Michaela and Landon at one of our favorite local burger joints (The Counter)...this was "pre-meltdown" as a few minutes after this picture was taken he decided he was over the whole "restaurant experience" and proceeded to throw a temper tantrum. Oh how I love the terrible two's!

The next pic is showing Landon enjoying one of his favorite summer pasttimes (along with swimming and popsicles)...the kid loves running through the sprinklers!

Also, I did want to share something Landon-related. For those that think I'm using my soapbox to brag about my son, well...you may be right. But this blog was in part created to chronicle what's going on in our lives and with Landon as he gets older....and if you don't like reading about it, you know where the "back" button on your browser is, right? ;)

Anyhow...Michaela was talking with one of the daycare center directors the other day and she told her that apparently Landon is by far the most verbally developed kid in his class...and he's one of the youngest ones! So we were very excited about that. I guess there is another little girl in his class that wasn't talking all that much, then went on a two week vacation and came back talking up the storm. At first Landon was like "whoa, what happened to you?"....now he and her will have conversations and the teachers and some of the other kids will sit there and watch in amazement....

I just thought that was awesome. As we can't brag about the potty-training (which has come to a screeching halt as he still hasn't shown the slightest bit of interest yet), so this is what we've got to work with and I am a proud Daddy!

Two more pics and then I've got to get Landon ready for school....the first one shows Landon at the Foutains splashpad near the Galleria in Roseville. Michaela and Landon met Anthony and his parents there the other day (I was golfing)....the boys had an awesome time running through the water and at one point even managed to give each other a hug....they are quite the tandem when they aren't knocking each other over!

This last pic is my favorite from the week. Landon is rocking his "big boy underwear" (they are of the Toy Story 3 variety)....and he was playing with this stick from the backyard....at one point he started pointing it at me like a sword...well, little boys have quite the imaginations and it turns out that 29-year old boys still have a little left as well. I immediately thought of "Harry Potter" after taking this picture...doesn't it look like he's getting ready to cast a spell? I'm thinking "Expelliarmus!!"...then again, if you really look at how serious his face is...it could be "Avada Kedavra!"...lookout!

Ok...that's it for now...have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope it's not Avada Kedavra! Maybe just an imperious curse. Still unforgivable, but a little tamer. I'm sure like Molly with us, he has a knack for controlling you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't about that one Becca and Michaela...Kate is becoming the master manipulator! She throws these fits and starts kicking me! dang kid. Then she will calm down and smile at me. dang kid.

    ReplyDelete