Yup….it’s official….I’m married to a super smokin’ hot 30 year old!
In honor of Michaela’s big day (her official birthday is today), we had a birthday bash at my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Bryon’s house this past Memorial Day Weekend. We had a totally great time, with roughly 30 or so people stopping by for cold drinks, great food, a super cold swimming pool, fun, and games. I will admit that I was a little bummed that the weather was so crappy the
Michaela’s Mom and stepdad flew into town for the weekend, so it was really great to see them twice in a two-weekend span. Steve grilled up his famous tri-tip for the occasion, which was paired up with some homemade tortillas from Yuma, that were demolished by the party guests…and if I may toot my own horn for a minute, I made some awesome salsa from scratch for the party as
It was a very nice time, and I got to meet some of Michaela’s friends from work that I had heard about but never met. We also got to see our friend’s John, KC, and Nicholas, as well as Scott and Leslie that now live in Reno (who we haven't seen in ages).
Speaking of Nicholas, he and Landon were attached at the hip from the moment they arrived, and my cousin Samantha was a total rockstar as she played with them and watched them while the adults got a chance to have some fun.
By the end of the evening, the food had been chowed, the booze was long gone (I think I had a big hand in that part), and it sounds like the evening was a success. I'll have to take everyone's word on that, as I had officially gone from "fun party host" to "birthday girl's drunk husband"....maybe it was that tasty vodka and lemonade drink that did me in!
Sunday I woke up early to a pounding headache and a woozy stomach…yeah, two weeke
As you can imagine, by Monday we were all exhausted. After dropping Michaela’s parents off at the airport in the morning, we elected to take it easy and just play around the house with Landon….needless to say, it’s two days later and I still don’t feel like I’ve fully recovered from our weekend.
Since we got in so much partying this past weekend, our plans for Michaela’s actual birthday are pretty low-key with just a dinner and dessert as a family.
As for the birthday girl, she couldn’t be doing better. She managed to drag her hubby (aka me) on a 9+ mile run this past weekend, and she also talked me into signing up for a full 26-mile marathon with her for December (in Vegas baby)! She’s in the best shape of her life and something tells me that she’s going to just kill it this next decade. I am thankful that she allows me to tag along on this great ride.
I hope your weekend was a blast, and maybe a tad bit more restful than ours!
Happy Birthday Michaela! Landon and I love you more than anything.
Cheers!
Yea for your smokin' hot 30 year old wife! She's the best! Glad the party and the salsa was a hit, I wish I could have been there to taste it with your "secret" ingredient ;-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a great time at the party! Wish we could have been there! Happy Birthday again Michaela! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great birthday weekend! And Dust, let me say I'm impressed by you keeping up with your hot wife in the running department!! A marathon?! Wowsers!
ReplyDelete