Other than that, the Burgess crew is hanging in there. The heat is starting to ramp up and we’ve been hitting the 90’s with consistency as of late. We’re getting excited for Landon’s first camping trip next weekend, when we’ll head up
Michaela had an eventful night earlier this week when it was her turn to bathe Landon. Apparently at one point she had to step out of the bathroom to do something quickly and when she popped back into the bathroom there was a little something left on the tile floor. For sake of this discussion, let’s just call it a “flower”. Michaela walked into the bathroom and saw it and said “Landon, what is this? You just sat on the potty, how come you flowered on the floor?”….to which Landon replied “No Mommy! Doggy flower! Not Landon Flower!”…well, it was plain obvious that it was definitely Landon that “flowered” in the bathroom, as our dogs don’t do that EVER. So Michaela explained to him the importance of going in the potty and NOT on the floor….and she had to point out that it’s not good to lie…especially not to rat out your brothers…
Also, we’re not sure if it’s the heat or what, but
This weekend should be fun, as I’m going to get in some golf with my Dad and Grandfather for Father’s Day, and then we’re going to have a little post-birthday BBQ for my sister who turns 25 on Friday…not to mention the fact that I’m going to get to watch the US Open
I think I mentioned before that Michaela and I recently signed up to run our first full marathon in Las Vegas this December. Well, the list of family and friends that are planning to come and run along with us or just come to support us is growing at an amazing rate. I think that there are something like 20+ people that are planning to head out for the big run, so it should be a total blast and we can’t wait….just have to get our bodies used to pounding the pavement for 26 miles….ouch!
I think I’ll leave it at that….wish us luck in case we try out that movie…hope you have a great weekend!
Rams and I went to the movies yesterday. They have a summer kid's deal at harkins that's super cheap (10 movies for $5 per person). Molly of course didn't last very long, but I guess Grayson made it through the whole movie (one of the Ice Age movies). Since it's so cheap, it wasn't any big deal that we had to leave 5 min. into the movie. I think we'll try again before the end of the summer and see how it goes. Maybe she'll make it 15 minutes!
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the movies!! Have a great weekend! Happy Father's Day Dust, and give Nicole a BIG birthday hug from us!
ReplyDeleteI think you should go for it with the movies, especially since he loves Toy Story. I was surprised at how much Grayson enjoyed Ice Age & did not expect that from him at all! Hope you guys survived the 10 mile run...that is awesome! Happy Father's Day Dustin!
ReplyDelete