Monday, May 17, 2010

Blog Vomit

Please forgive me, but our network connection in our office is currently down and I can’t access any of my files…so while I wait for it to re-connect, I’m going to start writing this post…once my access is restored, I’ll probably pause my ramblings and finish it up later, so there’s a strong possibility that this post is really going to be a jumbled mess. So with that powerful endorsement….happy reading!

Have you ever heard the saying “word vomit”? We use it to describe the weird phenomenon when a bunch of words that really shouldn’t be connected in any form spew out of one’s mouth at the same time. I think today I’m going to invent a new saying…”Blog Vomit”….to describe the weird phenomenon of a bunch of random things in one blog post that really don’t relate to each other.

For starters, I’m going to note that all of these pictures were taken this weekend. We had a pretty nice, low-key weekend which started with our friend John bringing over his son Nick (Nick’s Mom was out of town) for a playdate and some burgers. Landon and Nick get along so well, it’s a very nice change of pace as the adults can actually sit back and have a conversation without feeling like we have to be on top of them the entire time. We ended up spending most of the evening in the backyard, chatting and watching the boys run around and act crazy.

On Sunday we headed over to Tangles, the local kid’s hair salon to get Landon cleaned up. If you remember, Michaela and I cut Landon’s hair last month and it was not good. So we thought we should go and get his hair trimmed before heading to AZ later this week. Landon wasn’t all that thrilled about sitting in the chair on his own, but once Michaela volunteered to have him sit on her lap, he was fine….and now he doesn’t look like a reject from the Supercuts school for beginners…so we judge it as a successful visit. As you can see by the picture, Tangles is a pretty cool place filled with TV’s, video games, toys, and candy…definitely way cooler than where I got my hair cut as a kid!

Other than the haircut, our Sunday was pretty non-eventful. We ran some errands, played at the park, and got our fill of “Woody and Buzz”…so not much new to report….which leads me to the blog vomit.

Since I can go through periods of non-creativity, I thought I’d just post a few things that have interested me lately. If you’re inclined, please read…if not, enjoy the pictures and we’ll see you next time (when I hopefully have more interesting things to discuss)…

Dustin’s Quick Picks…

TV shows I am obsessed with: Lost (my favorite show on TV. The series ends on Sunday. If you haven’t watched it, go get the season 1 DVD and cancel all appointments on your calendar for the next few weeks, because once you get started, you’ll be hooked!); Survivor (the granddaddy of Add Imagereality television. We have watched it since the beginning, and this season’s Heroes vs. Villains storyline was awesome); Chuck (it’s a very entertaining hour. Good mixture of story, action, and comedy); Modern Family (probably the funniest half hour on TV). I would also recommend: Community, The Office, Rules of Engagement, How I Met Your Mother.

Summer TV shows I can’t wait for: Rescue Me (NYC Firefighters, post 9/11…Denis Leary is awesome!); Sons of Anarchy (This show is usually a summer show, but I think they moved it to the fall. One of my favorites about a motorcycle gang); So You Think You Can Dance (this show ruined Dancing with the Stars for me as the dancing is so much better); Mad Men (another that you have to start from season 1. But watch it and you’ll see why it wins all those Emmy’s).

Music I’m listening to: Flogging Molly – Live from the Greek Theater (great live show from the Irish band); Pearl Jam – Backspacer (their best album since Ten…check out The Fixer); Flight of The Conchords – I Told You I Was Freaky (if you watch the show or heard their first album, you’ll enjoy this. Good mixture of hilarious lyrics with catchy beats).

Podcasts I’m listening to (if you have an iPod, you definitely should download some podcasts on iTunes. It’s free and super entertaining!): The Adam Carolla Podcast (daily podcast, the most popular one in America); Daves of Thunder (comedy); The BS Report (sports, comedy, pop culture); The Nerdist (comedy); Fitzdog Radio (comedy); This Week in Startup (business).

Books I’d recommend: The Prey Series – John Sandford (killer mysteries); The Reacher Series – Lee Child (killer mysteries); The Apaloosa books – Robert Parker (buddy western novels); Harry Potter Series – JK Rowling (duh…like my favorite series ever!)

So this whole “Quick Pick” thing ended up getting a little out of control, so I think I’ll end it here for now…so now you know some of the stuff that I’m into…if you enjoy any of the same, I’m always up to have a nice conversation about them.

Hope you have a nice week. Since we’ll be in AZ until Sunday, we probably won’t be posting anything new until next week.

Adios!

2 comments:

  1. So weird, we were just thinking of changing the name of Yuma School of Beauty to "Supercuts school for beginner rejects" Think you guys are interested in a scholarship? :-) Like your quick picks Dustin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure we'd make "the cut" Becca. We're only good with clippers after the 6th beer, so you'd have to keep a keg onsite.

    ReplyDelete